Sunday, September 6, 2020

Little mini post: 4x53 with Hexominoes, Revisited

 Yonks ago I wrote a post about 4xn constructions with the hexominoes, which ended with suggesting a 4x53 with symmetrical placement of holes should be possible. Well, I found one:

Amazingly, the entire solution took all of three minutes by hand. I must have just been insanely lucky and hit on a solution on practically the first try, because I was prepared for this to take quite a while.

I guess they're not technically 'holes' when they're on the very edge of the construction but it looks nice so I don't mind really. And for an additional bonus, it's three-colourable and has no 4-way crossroads where four pieces meet at a point. That wasn't even my intention while solving it, it's just how it turned out. Rrrresult!

No comments:

Post a Comment